Stainless Steel VS Ceramic Laundry Sinks
Once only seen throughout Europe, the ceramic laundry sink is now one of the most sought-after items in Australian laundries. So why are people switching from stainless steel to ceramic, and is this the right choice for you?
Ceramic Laundry Sinks
- Fine Fireclay is a solid re-informed ceramic clay that is stronger and more durable than porcelain or standard ceramic meaning the sink is heat resistant, impact resistant and stain resistant.
- It's recommended that you have your cabinet maker build the laundry cabinets around the sink. Due to the heating process, the ceramic sinks can vary ever so slightly in dimensions, so it's best to purchase your sink and give it to your cabinet maker for measurements.
- Due to the sink being white, you may need to clean the sink more frequently as even the smallest mark/stain can show, of course, it only takes a warm cloth and gumption to remove.
Stainless Steel Laundry Sinks
- Stainless Steel has stood the test of time in many laundries and proven to be a very durable material with hygienic properties.
- Resistant to heat
- 100% recyclable and won't discolour when exposed to direct sunlight, stainless steel sinks require little to no maintenance.
All laundry sinks are practical and built for purpose. If you are after a Hampton's or farmhouse look, the ceramic sinks work perfectly to brief. Stainless steel sinks are a more cost effective option and we would recommend an undermount sink for a streamlined and beautiful finish.