Realestate.com.au – Bathroom Ideas
Is your bathroom design looking a little lacklustre?
Realeastate.com.au shares the newest bathroom ideas and trends of 2017! Read the full article here!
The good news is, with the wealth of bathroom images and inspiration out there on Pinterest and Instagram, there’s definitely no shortage of modern bathroom ideas or unique bathroom styles to get those creative juices flowing.
To help inspire you further at home, we asked two experts in the space for their top tips on bathroom tile ideas, advice on decorating bathrooms, small bathroom basins and much more.
Here, bathroom retailer expert Josh Mammoliti, from The Blue Space, and former bathroom and home buyer Jess Ormsby, from La Abode, share all their hints, tips and tricks for new bathroom ideas.
Bathroom shower ideas
If you’re considering a new bathroom shower design, start with your shower head.
“Dual shower heads are a must even in small bathrooms,” says Josh. “Consider a dual shower on a rail that can be installed in your traditional spot with one inlet so it won’t cost you extra.”
For bathroom shelving, Josh says shower recesses or niches are by far one of the most practical and most used bathroom shelf ideas.
New bathroom designs
At realestate.com.au/Lifestyle HQ, we love a hot new bathroom design trend, particularly those that are a little fun and different. And what better way to get creative at home than with your bathroom wall.
Jess agrees and says she loves seeing modern bathrooms that incorporate fun wallpaper designs.
“One of my favourite wallpaper suppliers is Sparkk; you can choose any of their designs and basically customise them to suit your colour palette,” she says.
Discover all the coolest bathroom ideas around Australia and popular design trends in 2017: View the full article on Realestate.com.au to watch the video on the coolest bathroom ideas
“The best way to pull off wallpaper in any room in your house is to stick to a theme such as Hamptons or Art Deco – that way it’s not a huge shock when entering your bathroom.”
Bathroom tile ideas
Tiling has officially taken off and there’s an array of stunning, vibrant and classic bathroom tile designs out there. And, yes, you can even extend the trend to your bathroom floor tiles.
We asked Jess what bathroom tile ideas she’s loving right now:
“Terracotta is definitely one of my favorites,” says Jess. “I think they look best when laid in a herringbone pattern. I’m also really loving modern bathroom designs that feature blush colour tiles; they look best paired with brass or copper tapware and timber finishes.”
Tip: “Terracotta can be quite porous so you will need to apply a protective seal over the top when used in the bathroom,” says Jess.
Small bathroom basins & vanities
If you have a small bathroom, Josh recommends opting for a semi-recessed basin. “These basins hang out over the vanity unit allowing you to have the practicality of a full basin on a narrower vanity when a full-sized vanity can’t be squeezed in,” he says.
Country-style bathroom vanities are proving popular and Josh recommends using shaker-style doors to achieve this look. “These doors feature enough detail to define the style, but won’t give it an aged country look. Also consider your door hardware; rounded brass or brushed gold is a perfect choice to match your tapware selection.”
Bathroom decorating ideas
Here, Jess shares her top dos and don’ts when it comes to decorating bathrooms.
- Add some greenery, such as small succulents on the window or hanging planters. If you’re looking for bathroom renovation ideas, try and include a big window where you can add some greenery. I think large bathroom windows are some of the biggest trends we’re seeing this year. Imagine the serenity of relaxing in a bath while still feeling like you have nature surrounding you.
- I love different types of bathroom shelf ideas, whether that be through a leaning wall ladder which you can hang your towels off or also hanging round shelves.
- Keep your favourite beauty products styled on a nice stone tray/dish; this will keep them looking neat and tidy.
- Keep your make-up displayed on the vanity bench top; try hiding it away in a drawer or keep inside a zip-up make-up bag.
- Decorate with bar soaps and other types of bath crystals lined up around your bath or basin. This is so the ’90s and as much as I love anything that takes me back to the ’90s, this isn’t one of them.
- Keep your toilet paper on a rod. This is another bathroom design look that’s extremely dated; it’s far better when stored away in a storage basket.