Our top 10 plant picks for your bathroom
10 Plants to Consider for Your Bathroom
Plants for your space!
Bring the outside in and create a sense of calm and peace in your bathroom with some lush greenery. Plants not only add a decorative touch but they make us feel good by boosting our mood, reducing stress, and purifying the air; leading to a happier, healthier you.
While some of us are lucky to have green thumbs, others hit up IKEA for fake plants and call it a day because they’ve stopped be-leafin’! Let’s be honest though, comparing live plants to artificial ones is like comparing apples to oranges. Say no more.
It’s with good intentions that we want our plants to thrive but much like humans, they can be sensitive to their environment. To ensure they’re happy as Larry, we must pay attention to the type of plants we buy, where we situate them, and how to care for them.
Now, you may already have this down-pat or perhaps another trip to the garden centre is on the to-do list (RIP). Regardless, plants in the bathroom have become a hot trend for good reason – they invigorate you and your space. Below, we take you through our styling tips as well as ideal plants for the bathroom.
10 Best plants for your Bathroom
- Asparagus Fern - It appreciates high humidity, so will do well in the bathroom.
- Bamboo - A fast, easy-growing plant that comes in many shapes and sizes. For the bathroom, choose a variety that is non-invasive and won’t grow too tall.
- Begonia - A popular, moisture-loving plant that’s easy for beginners. It tends to grow quickly, pushing out leaves in a variety of colours and striking patterns.
- Gardenia - A big fan of moisture and humidity. If given proper care, it’ll reward you with glossy, green leaves and aromatic flowers.
- Aloe Vera - Aloe is part of the succulent family and is widely known for its medicinal properties.
- Spider Plant - Adaptable with little to no maintenance; perfect for those who tend to neglect.
- Orchid - An ornamental plant that will brighten up your space when in bloom thanks to its pink, purple or white flowers. It will thrive in the steamy confines of a bathroom.
- Fiddle Leaf Fig - A stylish and desirable plant that will create a stunning focal point if you position it in a floor-standing pot.
- Snake Plant - It’s one of the toughest houseplants which makes caring for it a walk in the park! It’s great for absorbing toxins and will complement all styles of décor.
- Devils Ivy - Being a natural climber and trailer, it can be draped down/over shelves or cascade out of a hanging basket.
Styling plants in your bathroom
Plants offer a beautiful visual element; adding softness and various pops of green. They can also bring personality and positive energy into the room.
If space is an issue, look for small plants with sleek pots that will fit seamlessly onto your vanity or shelf. For an open-style bathroom, choose a large enough plant to create an eye-catching feature piece. Or, for serious planters alike who love bohemian interiors, you may design your very own greenhouse.
In addition, fill any awkward floor space, match plants with your décor, install hanging baskets, take advantage of windowsills and ledges, and utilise wooden stools to add height. There really are no rules when it comes to displaying your green babies.